When you (as change agent) talk to customer / Organizational Leaders
- Ask for their Vision, Goal, and Clarity for what they need and want to be.
- Observe the system
- Study the system, why they are doing what they are doing
- Seek for clarity and clarification on their current system
- Look at the current system and try to identify the “root cause” to begin with.
- Make them the stakeholder to fix the root cause and set as their goal
- Work with stake holders to fix the pain points by fixing the root cause.
- Later try to suggest “change in framework” (scrum or others) to be adapted.
- Coach them to be effective and efficient, building winning teams and winning products
You as a coach, scrum master, change agent
- Detach from their symptoms and attach to their root cause.
- Don’t push for any change immediately
- Don’t assume you know and they don’t know
- Always think what they are doing is right and they need some effectiveness into the system nothing more
- Always remember scrum or other framework or your known process/practice isn’t the only way to solve the problems.
- Help them focus on doing right things right (effectively and efficiently)
- You can only be a change agent and catalyst nothing else.